Wednesday 9 September 2009

Planning - Mock CD/DVD Cover

This was my first thought, having a DVD cover rather than a CD cover. I thought this would make sense as it'd a video I would be marketing and not an album. The guitar imagery and smudged effects suggests that Mute are an electronic band. The font I used with pointed ends suggests that Mute have a slightly rocky edge to them, creating a rock/electronic image from just the case.


This second attempt is a CD case, I thought that I may as well explore every avenue of choice to get the best possible outcome. I decided to use a skateboard as this would create a similar effect of the rock genre. The font I decided to use suggests that the band are very serious and to the point. This would be the inlay and front cover, it would fold in on itself to show the end of the skateboard with no writing on, on the inside of the CD case and the end of the board with the band name and song title on for the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment